As highlighted in Google I/O 2017, Google’s new Assistant is smarter, always ahead, some-more personal, and plays good with other apps and gadgets. Almost each Android user now is looking to get his hands on a new Google Assistant, unfortunately, however, it is only accessible on phones using Android 6.0 or above versions of Android.
Locked Out of Your Android Device? Here’s What You Can Do
Getting sealed out of your possess Android phone can be unequivocally frustrating and utterly embarrassing. Maybe we have…Read more
However, this doesn’t meant there isn’t any approach to get it on your phone using Android Lollipop. As a matter of fact, we can simply get it though even rooting your device.
In this post, I’ll uncover we dual ways to get Google Assistant on your Android Lollipop device.
Method 1: Install from Google Assistant APK file
You can implement Google Assistant from a APK record and configure it to reinstate Google Now. To do so, we contingency enable downloads from different sources in your phone:
- Go to phone Settings Security.
- Scroll down and toggle on Unknown sources.
This will concede we to install apps from other sources besides Google Play Store. Now download a Google Assistant APK file on your Android phone and daub a Install symbol to implement it.
Now we need to enable it to commend your voice and reinstate Google Now for assistance, here’s how:
- In Google Assistant app, pierce to a Your Stuff section.
- Here daub on Add Reminder, and afterwards Get Started to assistance Google Assistant commend your voice. You’ll have to contend OK Google 3 times to do this.
Now we need to make certain your phone’s Voice submit is configured to accept hotwords and correlate properly:
- Go to phone Settings Language input.
- Tap on Voice input and safeguard Enhanced Google Services is selected.
Now that’s done, long press a home symbol or appropriate upward from it (depends on your phone) and daub on Always when asked to set Google Assistant as default app. Google Assistant will open up and we are prepared to play around with it.
Method 2: Use Nova Launcher
Alternatively, we can use a good Android Launcher with add activity shortcut support to supplement a by-pass for Google Assistant on a Home screen. For this trick, Nova Launcher works fine. Although make certain Google App is updated to a latest version.
- Install Nova Launcher and set it as default home screen. You can press a home symbol in a Nova Launcher app to set it as default.
- Now daub and reason on an dull space on a home shade and name Widgets .
- Tap and reason on Activities widget and dump it on a home screen.
- You’ll be asked to name an activity from a list. Here corkscrew down and daub on Google App to open a activities.
- You need to name a Google Assistant choice with a following content in a description:
This will add Google Assistant idol on a home screen. You can daub on it to open a Google Assistant and configure it like we did in a above method.
It isn’t required to get Google Assistant app if we only wish to see how it feels. Simply implement Google Allo messaging app and we will find a Google Assistant right inside it. Google Assistant is good integrated in a Google Allo app, though it will not offer complement far-reaching services.
Google Assistant is substantially a best practical partner available in a marketplace right now. Being stranded in an comparison chronicle of Android shouldn’t stop we from tasting a best. The first process is still a best for installing Google Assistant on a Lollipop device. Although if it didn’t work for we or we are already an zealous user of Nova launcher or a identical one, afterwards a second choice might be improved for you.
4 Best Android Email Clients for 2017 [Reviewed]
On my Desktop, Thunderbird does a excellent pursuit of handling my email accounts. However, as it’s not available…Read more