Touch typing competence be fun, though your options are still a bit limited as compared to typing on a physical keyboard – a one we use with PC. But wait, how about if we can bond your desktop keyboard with your smartphone or tablet?
Yes, we can connect a full-size earthy keyboard to your Android device and in this post, we will uncover we 3 opposite ways how to do only that. Let’s check it out.
1. Connect USB keyboard to Android Device
You can connect a USB Keyboard to an Android device around a USB OTG (On-The-Go) adapter, supposing that your device is USB OTG-supported. If we bought your Android inclination in a final 3 years, chances are, it will support regulating USB OTG.
However, if we are unsure, we can endorse it with this app – Easy OTG Checker. This app automatically detects compulsory USB OTG hardware and program API.
Once we have a USB OTG:
- Connect a keyboard to a USB connector and your phone to a micro-USB connector.
- The keyboard will automatically connect only as it connects to your PC.
- Open any app and start typing on a keyboard and a content will start appearing.
Once it’s successfully connected, we can use all keys (Page adult Page Down, etc) and shortcuts (Ctrl + A) a approach we want.
2. Connect Bluetooth keyboard Android
A Bluetooth Keyboard can also be connected to your Android phone and is some-more available and easier to set up. Here’s how:
- Turn on Bluetooth on both devices.
- From a list of circuitously Bluetooth devices, select a keyboard. If asked, yield a pin code. Usually, it’s “0000“.
- The keyboard will connect and we can start typing.
3. Connect PC keyboard to Android (WiFi)
Using an app, we can bond your PC and Android phone over Wi-Fi, and transfer content from a PC to a phone. This process is substantially good when we need to form a extensive content on your phone.
I suggest WiFi Keyboard app for this that allows we to send content regulating a browser window. Once installed, we need to set it as a default submit method.
- Go to Settings and daub on Language Input.
- Tap on Current keyboard choice and afterwards daub on Choose your keyboard.
- Here, capacitate WiFi Keyboard.
- Tap on a Current keyboard choice again and choose WiFi Keyboard.
- Now, open a WiFi Keyboard app and you’ll see dual addresses (can also be accessed from presentation bar). You can enter any of these addresses in your PC’s browser window to open WiFi keyboard web interface.
Anything we form in a web interface content margin will seem on your phone. In my testing, the typing was really responsive, though there is no content preview. So we need to preview a submit on your phone.
Tip: Make certain we undo keyboard after use as it drains phone battery faster (no matter that process we use).
If we have a Bluetooth keyboard, afterwards joining it to your Android device won’t be a problem. However, joining over Wi-Fi is a good choice if we don’t wish to spend any additional cash. Do let me know that process worked for you, simply in a criticism territory below.